Finally, the confusion on the capital for Andhra Pradesh has been settled with CM Chandrababu Naidu announcing Vijayawada as the place. Here are some good reasons why the city is unbeatable..
– Guntur to Vijayawada is 36 kms and Vijayawada to Ibrahimpatnam is 18 kms, so total 54 kms. Similarly, Tenali to Mangalagiri is 25 kms and Mangalagiri to Vijayawada is 12Kms, so total 37 kms. Vijayawada to Kankipadu is 15kms and Vijayawada to Hanuman Junction is 45Kms. So, if Vijayawada- Guntur is declared as capital a total of 60 kms radius will develop within 5 years.
– VTPS is there for Power and River Krishna is there for water. There is also the Pulichintala Project.
– If Polavaram gets completed then Krishna will get Godavari’s water also.
– Airport is there in Gannavaram and south India’s biggest railway junction is Vijayawada.
– Asia’s second biggest bus stand is in Vijayawada.
– Machilipatnam port is very near.
– Nuziveedu has got 30000 acres of forest land which can be denotified.
– Best road network to Hyderabad, Chennai and Kolkata.
– Vijayawada is equidistant from all areas in the state with proper transport and road network.
While all this is fine, there is a major concern that cannot be avoided. If 60 kms of radius has to develop around Vijayawada it has to sacrifice lots of land. And most of it is fertile. So, at the cost of thousands of acres of greenery and agriculture, the name of development is taken. Are we looking at an ecological disaster here?