New Delhi: When Narendra Modi holds his first meeting with officials in the Prime Minister’s Office after being sworn in as the country’s 15th Prime Minister, he will be handed a list marked ‘Top Priority’.
Such a list, sources in the PMO said, is compiled every time there is a change of regime at the Centre. Here is what his new office is waiting to present to Mr Modi as issues to be addressed immediately.
- Need to tackle inflation.
- Inputs for budget preparation.
- Steps to contain terrorism and extremism, particularly left-wing extremism.
- Important appointments to be made at different levels in various ministries and departments.
- Priorities of each ministry.
- Kick starting disinvestment all over again.
- List of pending legislation.
- List of Group of Ministers (GoMs) and EGoMs, and their members.
- List of Governors, and their terms.
- List of committees and government bodies which are headed by the Prime Minister.